Scale System Selection
Determining the scale system to meet your application can be a daunting task. Searching for scales on the internet returns thousands of models, sizes and types sold by a multitude of vendors. Scale specifications do not make sense to most nor help you refine the selection process. We know scales. Let our experience and working knowledge help you find the proper system for your application.
Calibration and Certification
Calibration keeps your equipment within regulatory standards. Security Scale is an ISO 17025 accredited calibration company registered by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA). Our standards are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). We maintain the largest fleet of weight trucks in Virginia. Our technicians are state licensed, factory trained, MSHA certified and undergo regular safety training. And can perform calibrations on every type of scale from a lab balance to a rail scale.
During all truck scale certifications, we take the time to open the scale and inspect the inner workings and structure. A written report on the scale condition is provided. Allowing you to address any issues before they become expensive problems or fail shuttering your business.
Certificate Retrieval System
We also offer the latest in calibration reporting technology through our Certificate Retrieval System (CRS). Your calibration data can be accessed online, from anywhere, at any time. Giving you the ability to retrieve your scale(s) history, adjustments made, traceability and to print calibration reports. Your internal auditing is simplified with this system. Ask a Security Scale sales representative for a demonstration.
Repair and Upgrades
Our factory trained technicians are familiar with most scale brands and experts in repair. Our experienced staff is able to evaluate and diagnosis problems for both mechanical and electronic scales. A large inventory of repair parts is stocked in house to get you back up and running quickly.
If your current scale system is outdated, does not meet current regulations or are experiencing frequent breakdowns with high repair costs, contact us for an evaluation.
Custom User Interfaces
Upgraded computer systems and automation increase efficiency but if your weighing system was not part of the process; low productivity, amplified labor costs and excessive waste can still plague your bottom line. Allowing us to evaluate your current weighing system interfaces may result in valuable suggestions that you did not know were possible. We have helped numerous companies improve their bottom lines while experiencing short term ROIs on their investment. And we have various financing options available.
Business cycles, seasonal peaks and special projects require additional scales but justifying the capital expense to purchase and maintain them may not be cost effective. We maintain a large inventory of rental scales to reduce your company’s labor and production costs. For example; we have counting scales to expedite your inventory count, shipping scales for seasonal fluctuations, floor and bench scales to cover expanded production lines and lastly crane and truck scales to cover larger jobs. Pick-up and delivery service is available with set-up and on-site training for your staff. Speak with one of our knowledgeable sales staff to discuss your needs. Read More →
If certified weights are needed to load test a crane, we can help! Weights to load test an elevator, we have them. Over 100,000 pounds of certified test weights are available to meet your testing requirements. Four of our test trucks have certified self-propelled carts able to move weights to your location within a building or structure and be used as a hoist basket. A Security Scale representative is available to assist in your next project. Read More →
Security Scale is the RIGHT CHOICE for your scale needs.
- We have been in business since 1971
- Five locations to serve you – Roanoke, Lynchburg, Richmond, Suffolk, VA and Blountville, TN.
- All scale technicians are factory trained and able to repair and calibrate all brands.
- All technicians and sales personnel are stated certified.
- Our company is A2LA accredited (Cert. No. 1820.01)
- ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation for calibration both on and off site
- SAFETY program meets OSHA and MSHA standards. Approved for surface mine properties.
- Member of several SAFETY Pre-Qualified networks including ISNetWorld, BROWZ and Avetta
- Represent numerous scale manufacturers allowing quick turnaround on part orders
- Laboratory balances to heavy duty off-road and rail scales, we sell and service it all!
- We still answer the phone. You will talk to a person not a robot…everyday including weekends
- Offer calibration and repair services on industrial and laboratory scales/balances
- Easy on-line calibration certificate retrieval service is available
- Easy appointment scheduling with after hour and emergency service available
- Able to provide custom solutions to your meet your needs weighing needs
- Six heavy weight test trucks available throughout our service area
- Weights and Standards traceable to NIST
- A VETERAN owned business